Things I Hope To Do Before I’m 40
Posted by Lissa on April 22, 2010
Jay turned 39 yesterday – hooray! He’s a little anxious about counting down to the big 4-0, though.
Me? I’m not quite 30 and I can’t wait for 40. At my current age of 29 I know SO MUCH MORE than I did at 19; I can’t imagine all the things I’ll learn by then!
Here are some of the things I’m hoping to learn/accomplish/do by 40:
- Have a house (well, be paying mortgage on one, anyway) with a yard big enough to grow cherry tomatoes. And a puppy.
- Er, a yard big enough to HAVE a puppy, not to grow a puppy. Although I wouldn’t mind growing puppies either!
- Be mother to a couple of young Kittysons
- Have run a 5K
- Learn to adequately use a sewing machine; make one of these dresses for myself
- Learn to gracefully accept constructive criticism, instead of panicking that I’ve done something wrong
- Learn to state what I want. It’s absolutely fine if I don’t get it, but I shouldn’t be afraid to state it for fear of imposing an obligation. I think.
- Learn to focus on the positive. Someone can say ten nice things to me and one cruel thing; the ten won’t even flash across my consciousness and the one will stay with me for five years. That’s not good.
- Have taken an airsoft live-fire defensive pistol class. It’s one thing to neatly punch holes in a target; it’s quite another when the target is firing back at you.
- Continue to learn and grow in the area of cookery. Perhaps my next strawberry pie will come out better . . .
- Eat an ENTIRE pumpkin pie by myself. A girl’s gotta have a dream!
- Learn to keep a tidy house. The battle against my intrinsic laziness continues apace! I’d like to have a home that’s clean enough to be tidy, and messy enough to be lived-in and comfortable. (I know, I know, all that will change when Kittysons come about.)
How about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in the next ten years?