And this is why the MSM sucks.
Posted by Lissa on May 6, 2010
A gentle reminder, lest you have forgotten:
This post notes that at first the “out liberals” (those not in the closet, like Matthews) first tried to blame the Times Square bomb on the “right-wing.”
Now that it’s known, as could easily have been guessed, to have been an Islamized immigrant, they have a new slam against the “right-wing” — that we will indulge in an orgy of racist retribution for the act.
That’s beautiful. They can’t lose. First we’re blamed for doing it in the first place. If that doesn’t pan out, there’s always Plan B — blame us for an overreaction to the event and claim that that overreaction is in fact worse than the crime that provoked it.
An overreaction, incidentally, that never actually comes. Even after 9/11, there were only three or four acts of documented anti-Muslim violence in the entire 300-million-strong country.
Plan A: The right did it.
Plan B: Okay, the right didn’t do it, per se, but now the right is going to go on a murderous racist crime-spree in reaction to it.
Every time. Ev-er-y time.
Oh, and Mayor Bloomberg? Blow it out your ass.
“If I had to guess 25 cents, this would be exactly that. Homegrown, or maybe a mentally deranged person, or somebody with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health care bill or something. It could be anything,” he said.
Let’s say it all together: “ONLY A VERY, VERY, VERY TINY PERCENTAGE OF MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS. THE VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE LAW-ABIDING FOLKS WHO JUST WANT TO LIVE THEIR LIVES, THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE.” Okay?
That being said —
- The Christmas-day Underwear Bomber was not a disgruntled Christian angry at the Pope’s handling of the clergy sex abuse scandal
- Nidal Malik Hasan was not a disillusioned Buddhist upset that someone couldn’t spell Siddhartha Gautama
- Tarek Mehanna was not a Hindu angry that the average mallrat has never heard of the Bhagavad Gita
- The folks plotting to blow up Bronx synagogues were not agnostics angry at “In God We Trust” appearing on dollar bills
- Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad was not a Jew upset that the Army recruiters were breaking the Sabbath
So let’s compromise. I will refrain from assuming the perpetrator of any new terrorist incident is a Muslim; you, MSM, will stop assuming it was those nasty right-wing tea-baggers.