A very good weekend
Posted by Lissa on March 29, 2010
Good morning all! I hope your weekend was as lovely as mine! I managed to overcome the natural laziness that is the bane of my existence and did the following this weekend:
- Drank coffee while petting Rajah and reading Kindle
- Cleaned my bathroom
- Took a semi-n00b to the range (and we all had a lovely time!)
- Ate some delicious fettuccine carbonara, prepared by the loving hands of my husband
- Did my duty at the kitty shelter and wrote bios for five sweeties*
- Marveled at how the beautiful sunshine nicely disguised a friggin’ CHILLY morning
- Downloaded a few new workout songs (they’ll make appearances on Workout Wednesday!)
- Did 8 minutes on the Arc-Trainer and worked hard enough during my 45 minutes on elliptical to be dizzy afterwards
- Stretched diligently — I’m a good girl
- Cleaned Mike’s bathroom (I made him a deal that I’d clean his bathroom if he cleaned all the guns from Saturday’s range trip)
- Washed the floormats from both bathrooms
- Planned out the weekly food menu
- Went grocery shopping at two different stores**
- Roasted a chicken (that sucker took WAY longer than I expected) as well as a zucchini and some red and yellow bell peppers
- Tidied up the kitchen and prepared coffee for this morning
- (Apparently) sacrificed some small furry creature to the Gods Of Early Morning, for I awakened today at 4:45 with no problems. Hooray!
I always feel so guilty when I’m lazy and, conversely, so accomplished when I *do* things that it’s amazing how lazy I *still* am :-p
So . . . how was your weekend?
*Seriously, this is why I bought the iPhone. I stood at the shelter petting each new kitty, used the phone to take a photo or two, then wrote up a bio in the Notes app. On one occasion I used the internet to look up an old Donny and Marie Osmond song. Then I copied all the notes into an email and sent it off to the shelter coordinator, along with the pictures. This phone RAWKS!!!
**I rotate shopping trips between Shaw’s, Hannaford’s and Stop and Shop, depending on what we need that week. I walked into Shaw’s and was frustrated that they had no fresh basil. Then I was seriously irked that they had no baby spinach. When I realized that they had no mint it was the last straw; I put back my cart and drove straight to Stop and Shop. C’mon, Shaws; do you want my business or don’t you?