Greetings from the Bolt Bus!
Posted by Lissa on October 24, 2009
It’s a nasty, rainy, cloudy day, but I’m on my way to New York City. Sure, I had to leave the house at ten, instead of noon, and I’ve got a seatmate. On the other hand:
1) I’m sitting comfortably while someone ELSE struggles with driving through rain
2) I’m listening to my choir music and mentally rehearsing for the upcoming concert
3) I’m enjoying WiFi on my Eee and ready to plug it into the electrical socket by my chair, should the battery run low
4) The bus ticket cost me about as much as the gas would have, driving
5) If you consider that I’d have to pay money to park, I actually save money by busing it
And, perhaps most importantly:
6) I don’t have to drive into NYC. The last time I tried it I got smacked with a speeding ticket in CT. In a construction zone.
The bus is a LOT cheaper than that!!
UPDATE: Know what would be nice, though? If they had a GPS tracker (as they do on airplanes) so you could see where the bus was. That would allow your receiving party to know when you’d get in, and help you figure out which river it was that you just crossed . . .